Jeremy and I celebrated our tenth anniversary yesterday, so I thought I’d share a few photos from the past decade!
Our Wedding Day (2008)
Our wedding took place on a fair and lovely September day with light clouds scudding across the sky. In a funny coincidence, our photos were actually taken at a Catholic monastery!
Our Honeymoon (2008)
We had an amazing honeymoon road-tripping across the USA for five weeks. It was so fun! We look back very fondly on those days of driving, dipping our toes in the Atlantic ocean, seeing the gorgeous fall colours along the east coast, wandering around museums, reading aloud to each other, and exploring big cities (Boston, New York, Washington DC).
2008 – 2010
For the first year of our marriage, we both worked. I spent my days working as a pediatric nurse and finished my intensive ER training. Jeremy returned to university to complete his Bachelor’s degree, and eventually decided to become a pastor. Around the same time, Duane and Skye asked my sister and me to take their wedding photos, and I began taking more wedding photos after that.
– James was born in 2011 and our hearts exploded with love for our sweet little boy!
– So much love, so little sleep
– Around this time, Jeremy and I decided we’d like to homeschool our children so I began reading Susan Wise Bauer’s books on education! Nothing like getting a good head start, right? 🙂
– we sold our condo and lived at my parents’ place for a few months. ‘Twas delightful, especially for our extroverted firstborn!
– we moved to Hamilton so Jeremy could attend seminary
– we settled in pretty quickly into the seminary and church community
– made some dear friends in Hamilton!
We got the WORST driver’s licenses ever! Jeremy looked like he had died… and the probable cause of death was my deathly stare.
– Jeremy completed his first year and began his second year at CRTS
– our spunky June Adelle was born in the middle of a very intense semester!
– Survived a deadly winter
– Enjoyed a visit from Opa and Oma
– Drove out to New Hampshire for a lovely summer vacation
– Jeremy completed his second at CRTS, completed a practicum in Prince George, and began his third year at CRTS
– Went to Hawaii to celebrate my parents’ 35th wedding anniversary!
– Jeremy completed his third year at CRTS, did a summer preaching practicum in Fergus, and started his fourth and final year of seminary
– Alice was born!!!
– we begin to think about becoming Catholic
– Jeremy graduated from CRTS with an M.Div. degree!
– we moved to Fruitvale, I began working as a nurse again
– we started RCIA
– I had a miscarriage
– we joined the Catholic Church!!!
– we moved to West Kelowna
– officially began homeschooling!
– Jeremy got a teaching position!
– we moved to Kelowna
– Leo Ignatius was born!!!
And here we are, 10 years, 6 moves, and 4 children later! Thanks be to God!